Blacks switched from Supporting the Republican Party to Supporting the Democrat Party immediately after passage of the 1965 Civil Rights Act.
Because Immediately After Voting on the CRA of 1965, Civil Rights Republicans became Democrats, and historically racist Democrats became Republicans. Blacks responded, running from the racists.
The black community did not switch to voting for democrats after 1965. They switched in the 1930s, 30 years earlier. The first Democrat presidential candidate to receive a majority of the black vote was FDR in 1936.
“From 1865 to 1936…approximately 90 percent of blacks voted Republican and only 10% voted Democratic.”
“By 1936, 75 percent of blacks became Democrats. This trend has only continued since then…” Hillary’s America
All total, 126 Congressmen voted NO, only 4 switched parties, 96.8% DID NOT.
- 21 Democrat Senators Voted Against the CRA of 1964, Only 1 Switched Parties
- 46 Democrat Senators Voted For the CRA of 1964, NONE Switched Parties
- 6 Republican Senators Voted Against the CRA of 1964, NONE Switched Parties
- 27 Republican Senators Voted For the CRA of 1964, NONE Switched Parties
NOTE: Republican Senators voted in favor of the CRA of 1964 in greater percentages than Democrats did (81.8% vs 68.7%). Republican Senators also broke the Democrat Party’s 75 Day filibuster of the CRA.
- 94 Democrat Congressmen Voted Against the CRA of 1964, Only 4 Switched Parties
- 35 Republican Congressmen Voted Against the CRA of 1964, NONE Switched Parties
- 136 Republican Congressmen Voted For the CRA of 1964, Only 3 Switched Parties: Two became Democrats, One became an Independent. 98.8% Remained Republicans.
- Far from leaving the party, some also became national leaders within the Republican Party (Donald Rumsfeld, Gerald Ford, Robert Dole).
A much more comprehensive list solidifies the fact that that parties did not switch. Dinesh D’Sousa, in his movie Hillary’s America, details a list of 1600 racist democrats including:
- Leaders of the KKK
- Leaders of other racist groups
- Democrat Congressmen from 1860-2000
- Democrat Senators from 1860-2000
- Democrat Senators and Congressmen who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964
The total that switched parties to become Republicans…
only 14 out of 1600, less than 1%.
*Data From: Hillary’s America the Movie,Stolen History, Wikipedia, GovTrackUS
# of Party Wins in Presidential Elections Across the “Solid South”? (Totals of the 11 Former Confederate States) From 1964 On
# of Party Wins in Gubernatorial Elections Across the 11 Former Confederate States From 1964 On
“The Parties did not switch. They (Democrats) just switched tactics from Force to Isolation to Entitlements, all of which steal True Equality and True Prosperity.”